Nougat Flan Recipe
Besides being a dessert that is delicious, it is a sweet that both children and adults love. If you also like nougat, you will love this recipe of how to make nougat flan .
Our nougat flan recipe is specially designed for nougat lovers, those who eat it 365 days a year.
Made with egg and artisan soft jijona nougat, it has a creamy texture and its flavor is very similar to the traditional flan but with notes of toasted almonds and honey. Delicious.
Ingredients to make a homemade nougat flan
In our nougat flan recipe we will need:
- 500gr of liquid nougat. (you can also use the original Jijona nougat always crushed with a knife or nougat cream).
- 500ml of whole milk.
- 5 eggs L
- 5 tablespoons sugar for the flan mixture.
- 5 tablespoons of sugar to make the caramel (optional)
The caramel is optional in our artisan nougat recipe. To decorate this Jijona nougat flan recipe we recommend dicing half a slice of Jijona nougat into small cubes.
How to make a Jijona nougat flan
To make nougat flan at home this recipe is very easy to make.
- Preheat the oven to 175º C.
- In a bowl, mix the nougat paste with the whole milk and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar until a white mixture is formed. Once the mixture is ready, mix it with the milk and the nougat and set aside.
- (optional for the nougat flan) Make the caramel in a non-stick pan or saucepan and heat the 5 tablespoons of sugar in a small saucepan. We recommend that, when it begins to darken, lower the heat and stir until it turns golden brown. Be careful because it burns a lot. Finally, pour the caramel into the molds. You can also buy ready-made caramel.
- Fill our molds with the reserved nougat custard cream .
Cooking: We are going to cook the nougat flan in the traditional way in a Bain Marie. We recommend not to open the oven constantly and to wait the set times.
- We place our molds with the soft nougat flan filling in a large pan or dish with about 3 fingers of water and bake them for 30/35 minutes. A trick to know if they are ready is that when you insert the tip of a knife or toothpick it comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the flans cool at room temperature and then in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
If instead of using individual molds we use a large dish or flan pan, we recommend leaving it in the oven for longer. Depending on its shape it will take between (1 hour and 30 minutes and 2 hours more approximately).
To make nougat flan at home we have used:
Here you will find part of the ingredients needed to make our homemade nougat flan recipe.