Recipe how to make nougat ice cream
Summer is coming and there is nothing better than having fresh and healthy food. Today we bring you our very simple recipe of nougat ice cream to make at home.
It is true that this nougat ice cream recipe is not 100% the one used in ice cream parlors since we would need very specific machinery, but the result is spectacular.
If you have it and you wish, you can follow our recipe for nougat ice cream with thermomix as it will be made in the same way.
The nougat used is very important in the final result of this recipe, especially the percentage of sugar. It is necessary to buy good quality nougat that contains little sugar and a large amount of honey and almonds because at low temperatures these flavors tend to hide a lot. A large amount of sugar will result in an unpalatable homemade nougat ice cream.
Ingredients for making nougat ice cream
In our Jijona nougat ice cream recipe we will use the following ingredients:
- 450g of Jijona nougat paste
- 500ml whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 400ml of whole milk
- Lemon peel
- Cinnamon stick.
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
The liquid nougat can be replaced by classic Jijona nougat, although we will need about 500g since the creamy Jijona nougat has a more predominant flavor (it is specially prepared for cooking).
How to make homemade nougat ice cream at home
To make homemade nougat ice cream, follow the steps below:
- We make prepared milk in a large saucepan.
- Heat all the milk together with the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel (only the yellow part, without the white part which is bitter).
- When the milk comes to a boil, lower to the minimum for about 20 seconds.
- We prepare the nougat ice cream.
- Pour all the cream into the large saucepan with the milk and heat over very low heat.
- At the same time, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and mix them with sugar with a whisk until a white color is achieved.
- To the mixture of eggs and sugar, add the nougat liquid texture and salt and mix well.
- When a homogeneous mixture is obtained, add the nougat mixture with the milk and cream. It is necessary to do it little by little and mixing without stopping.
- Let it cool at room temperature in a mold. In this step, we can add chopped nougat, depending if you like to find bits of nougat in the middle or we can add the almond crocanti of this recipe.
- After a few hours, we will introduce our Jijona nougat ice cream in the refrigerator for a few hours and finally in the freezer and it will be ready to be consumed.
To make nougat ice cream we have used:
Here you will find some of the ingredients needed to make artisan nougat ice cream.