Easter Monas de Pascua with nougat recipe
In today’s recipe we tell you how to make Monas de pascua with nougat, a gift from godparents to their godchildren at Easter.
The mona de pascua is a traditional Spanish pastry that has some variations depending on the area where it is made. It is traditionally made in the Mediterranean regions although it is also typical of some inland areas. Do you know of any place where it is made, we would love to know, you can tell us about it below.
The Easter monkey recipe that we bring you is the one we usually make at home in the traditional way to which we add nougat to give it that special and different touch. Do you want to learn how to make it? Let’s get to it:
Ingredients for making Easter cakes
In our Easter monkey recipe, approximately 3 or 4 monas de bizcocho depending on the size we finally make them.
- 6 eggs.
- 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- 6 tablespoons of flour.
- 1 double sachet of El Tigre soda.
- 3 previously boiled eggs.
To decorate and make this Easter monkey recipe special we will use our Jijona nougat and a pure chocolate nougat cake with almonds. You can also use other nougats, such as milk chocolate or Alicante nougat.
How to make Easter cakes
To make homemade Easter cakes this recipe is the easiest.
- Our recipe for Easter cakes with nougat begins by separating the egg yolks from the egg whites and whipping them at high speed (until they look like a stiff meringue). We can do it with a whisk or other utensil such as a blender.
- Add the 6 tablespoons of sugar and continue beating until the egg whites form peaks when the whisk is lifted.
- Then, at very low speed, even with a spatula, add the 6 egg yolks that have been set aside, the 6 tablespoons of flour and the double sachet of El Tigre soda and mix slowly so that the meringue does not run down. (If we sift the soda and the flour we will get a better result).
- Add the mixture in the molds we have to make Easter cakes and put the boiled egg in the middle.
- Decorate the top with pieces of Jijona nougat, chocolate, or anisette that you have at home.
- With the oven previously preheated, to make this recipe for Easter cakes, we introduce them for about 20-25 minutes at 170ºC. We recommend not opening the oven until the Easter cakes are done, because if we open the oven too much the cake sinks and is not so attractive.
Video of our recipe for making Easter cakes at home
In this video we show you how to make an Easter monkey at home:
To make the monas we have used:
Here you will find some of the ingredients needed to make our homemade Easter monkey recipe.